I BE A GAME CHANGER
Are you doing things they way they have always been done to attract bridge players and students to your games? How is that working out for you?
If it is not as you wish, now is the time to inject some new technology into your efforts.
By 2030, 1 in 6 adults will be over 60 years of age. Adults aged 50 and older, make up 51% of consumer spending and include 45% of all adults. One website we came across in our research shares these insights about the spending of consumers aged 50+. In pursuit of engaging we challenge some popular bridge status quo bridge activities.
Spend more per capita
- Cheap really might not equate to value. Does your table money charge reflect a spend comparable to other leisure activities? Which type of consumer will crappy biscuits and tea/coffee in flimsy plastic cups attract? Do you have seek well lit, pleasant venues or the cheapest available?
Spend more across a variety of mainstream segments
- Online bridge, certainly online lessons are popular. Competitive bridge play comes in a huge variety of forms too. Are there other places to take a bridge game? If pop-up restaurants are the new norm, why don’t we have pop bridge games yet? Arm each player with a bidding box and their own IBESCORE app downloaded, and all the director needs for a fabulous stress-free session of bridge, is a set of boards and a venue with tables and chairs.
- Players are familiar with personalised services and can access many time and labour saving resources in a range of ways – are your administrative services one size fits all to make it easier for the committee/administrators?
Spend more than Millennials and Gen X
- The status quo is draining the world of existing players – we guestimate 90% of whom are in the 50+ demographic. And our research suggests they are being woefully underserved by established bridge practices. Do you treat everyone as old? Could that be a huge mistake? If Millennials are those born 1981 – 1996 and GEN X 1965 – 1980 and recognised to have different consumer needs, it makes sense to recognise that 50+ is not 65+ is not 80+. Do your club decision makers reflect your desired clientele?
Continues to be a rapidly growing population and will soon be the age of the average American
- Do we really need to put resources to focus on kids playing bridge at a time when there is an ever growing demand for their education and leisure time? New bridge could simply focus on new resources for adults for whom bridge will offer challenge, friendship and the masochistic joy every bridge deal brings!
Higher net worth, own a majority of all investments
- Bridge is a perfect game for folk who like to mind their own business – do club scoring systems forget the individual? Successful clubs respect and cater to different ways of engaging with scoring results. IBESCORE electronic bridge scorer allows players to enjoy their own performance experience each time they play.
Support brick-and-mortar businesses, and are avid online shoppers
- Without even looking for new players – where have the existing players gone? Nearly 2 years on from the time where bridge was online only, club game attendances fall short of 2019 numbers. Online games were cancelled with a view to funnelling players back to venues. All that that has achieved is a widening black hole that is sucking bridge players into the vortex of not playing competitive bridge at all. What’s that about!
IN SHORT, it’s time to throw out experience and try something NEW – the popular media might suggest it is all about young audiences but bridge is the most ideal, perfect and fantastic game for smart, mature minds.
Change the way players find you and interact with your services – NEW BRIDGE is engaging.
Another website research gives these statistics:
Of 55-64 year olds:
- 86% use a smartphone.
- 94% use the internet at home.
- 70% correctly identify advertising on Google.
- 73% have a social media profile.
Of 65 year olds+:
- 55% use a smartphone.
- 77% use the internet at home.
- 58% correctly identify advertising on Google.
- 59% have a social media profile.
Let’s TOGETHER create a bridge game playing environment that fits with the spend, expectations and desires of the baby boom generation.
It’s really easy to start with technology – IBESCORE WILL engage players, giving each their own unique 2023 playing experience from the moment the cards COME OUT until the end of the session when the last card is put onto the table at the end of play.
IBESCORE has scoring technology that is simple for anyone to use – from day one students can become familiar with scoring, bidding variations and share their outcomes with family and friends via their smartphone.
Better still there is no charge to use it for score entry – NO CHARGE!
To use the scoring part of the IBEScore App, you’ll need a GAME CODE.
The game organiser (or someone who will act as Scorer for the session) uses the GAME CODE and a DIrector password to access the game creation features of this cloud based scoring system.
Players in a session simply type in the organiser’s GAME CODE.
To become an IBEScore organiser and start creating games, simply complete this form to apply for a FREE game code.
IBEScore is a FREE* to use App for Bridge Game extras
Electronic Bridge Scoring for all simply, quickly, successfully every time
IBEScore is a FREE* easy to use App for Bridge Game scoring and more
NO MORE SECURITY ISSUES, one player=one phone
(*Setting up and scoring in-session, viewing rankings, travellers and scorecards, researching, reading, learning and killing time with the world’s newest extra for bridge bridge bridge require no payment. Extras including virtual directing services, publishing results, adding deal files and movement/outputs customisation are available on subscription to IBEScore services. )